Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Disgusting

I don't know why I am surprised at the disgusting nature of people.

We were at Olive Garden today having lunch. Everything was going as well as can be expected with slow-ass service, etc. Jackson was amusing himself with his cars and crayons. Next thing I know, he is pulling something white and stringy from his hand. HOLY CRAP, it's a piece of gum that someone decided to discard by sticking under the table. I screech, "Oh my God, Shane!" and point to Jackson.

Shane grabs his hand and prevents him from touching any more of the gum. I then frantically grab a napkin and pull the rest of the gum off the table so he can't get to it again. At this point, I am close to dousing the child in hand-sanitizer and running to the bathroom to wash him with hot soapy water. I manage to calm myself and only squirt about 10 gallons of sanitizer on his hands after wiping them with a baby wipe.

I'm so disgusted I can barely think of eating. Of all the things one has to worry about as a parent, checking the underside of the table at a restaurant is probably not even on the radar.

This has probably ruined my future restaurant experiences since I will more than likely be checking the underside of tables from now on.

Seriously nasty!

1 comments:

Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

Oh yuck....

About Me

I'm 37 and married. A mother to one funny, stubborn boy and a new baby girl. A photographer, friend, runner, and reader.

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP