Monday, March 7, 2011

My View | Water

Water, without a doubt, is one of my favorite things! I grew up on a boat in Miami Beach which explains why I have to be close to a body of water bigger than a pond. The fact that the closest I'll get to water here is either the lake (Clarks Hill) or the river (Savannah) is a little strange. It also explains why I would never be that comfortable living in the middle of the country. It has to be either coast for me. Anyway...

These photos were taken last week while on a little sunset photo excursion to the lake with my friend Tom. We got there early enough to get a feel for things and decide where we were going to set up our tripods and then waited for the sun to start setting. While waiting, I walked around to see if there was anything that caught my eye. I soon noticed the reflection of the water in the rocks below as well as the "pattern" of the rocks themselves.





And, here is what we were waiting for:


I might have to do a blog post of some more of my favorites from that little excursion.

Anyway, see what Melissa and Rachael came up with on their blogs.

Our assignment for next week is to capture the following quote: “Beware the Ides of March.”

3 comments:

Rachael May March 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

Oh that second shot..I love it. How does it look in black and white??

Anyway...very beautiful all around :) I love that I have a friend who grew up on a boat! I think we should all move to the coast and live on boats that float right next to each other :)

Unknown March 8, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

Great eye on these early shots. The second is my favorite as well. We definitely need to get back to that spot and it will be completely different next week after the time change.

Tom

suzyb March 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

OMG those are stunning views you experienced this week.. and I had no idea you grew up on a boat in Miami!

About Me

I'm 37 and married. A mother to one funny, stubborn boy and a new baby girl. A photographer, friend, runner, and reader.

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP