Fish Stick Success
Ah, the fish stick. That mainstay of the school cafeteria lunch (sort of).
J ate fish sticks. J, the child who won't touch hot dogs or macaroni and cheese or any of the other "normal" foods of childhood.
Long story short...the Mom hosting our playgroup on Tuesday sent me home with two frozen fish sticks to give to J for lunch. I put them on his plate with a small dollop of ketchup and put that on his high chair tray without even telling him what it was. He dipped the first half in a little ketchup and then proceeded to eat the rest of them without any. (He ended up dipping his apple slices in it instead.)
I could not believe my eyes. I was too stunned to even get up and get the camera. The Earth stood still and flipped on its axis!
I thought it was a fluke. Surely the super picky child didn't just eat two fish sticks. He probably won't eat them again. Well, I was wrong. He ate some tonight for dinner with minimal ketchup dipping. Miraculous indeed. Next thing you know he'll be eating broccoli or asparagus or something.
Anyway, that's all for tonight. I have finally transferred some 200 photos from my memory card onto my computer so that I can edit them and perhaps post a few. I will also post our summer wrap-up soon.
:-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment