Saturday, July 19, 2008

Checks and Chicken

Weird title, I know.  But I had to think of something that somewhat summarized my post.  I haven't posted in a few days for several reasons, well, maybe just two.  Reason one is that Comcast sucks and we had no internet on Wednesday for reasons only known to them.  Reason two is pure laziness.  At first I couldn't come up with what to write and so I kept putting it off and next thing you know it is a few days later.  But, I decided that I had to update or risk breaching serious blog etiquette which states that "you gotta post consistently or else risk being a dork."


So, here are the happenings up to now.

Went to the pool (at the Y) last week and it was fun.  J and I got there early so it was not very crowded.  He actually enjoyed the fountains this time and that is where he spent most of his time. That's a good thing since he usually wants to go in the deep pool and I am way too short for that.  The shallow end is 4ft!  And, since I am only 5' that would not work at all.  Afterwards, we went through the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru and got some lunch to take home.  This leads me to the "chicken" part of my post.  

You gotta love a place where they take your tray to your table when they see you have your hands full (with baby).  A place where they recognize the lunch rush and have people outside in the drive-thru lane taking your order so that things move along.  A place where the employees are pleasant 99% of the time and someone always comes around and asks if everything is OK.  Yes, they ONLY sell chicken.  But, the customer experience more than makes up for the fact that J and I can only eat there when it's just the two of us.  Love the place!  OK, the free Chick-Fil-A endorsement is over.

Now, on to the check part.  This is a rant of sorts.  I was waiting in line at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day because there was only one register open.  After what seemed like an eternity, they finally opened up another register and I get stuck behind a woman writing a CHECK, for two small items!  I know her purchase could not have been more than $10.  She was oblivious to the fact that there were a bunch of people behind her.  She whips out her little checkbook and starts filling the thing out and then has to dig in her purse for her ID so the cashier can record all the info on the check itself.  I mean, come on!  Had she never heard of that thing called a CHECK CARD?  Who writes checks at the store anymore?  It was so frustrating!  But, I did keep my cool and did not sigh out loud like I wanted to.  I didn't even give her the evil eye. The evil eye stayed away. Instead I realized that I needed a mantra for such times as this. Ay, people!

So, that is the post for today.  I promise to try and be more consistent.  I did start a card while J was napping today and if I finish it tomorrow, I will post it.  

G'Night all!

0 comments:

About Me

I'm 37 and married. A mother to one funny, stubborn boy and a new baby girl. A photographer, friend, runner, and reader.

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP